Country of origin: Australia Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 43% Bottle size: 700 ml
Sunshine & Sons Original Dry Gin is subtle, perfectly balanced and -- unlike most other Dry Gins -- the distiller’s suggestion is not to use a garnish because this gin stands so well-balanced and with no need for flavour accompaniments.
Pot-distilled in the Sunshine coast hinterland rainforest with a carefully curated mix of native and traditional botanicals, the base spirit is distilled from the very best Barossa Valley grapes, which results in a smooth purity and roundness on the palate.
All botanicals used during distillation are slowly steeped and steam infused prior to distillation. The result is three interwoven and complimentary congener profiles:
- A base layer of juniper berries, coriander seed, cinnamon bark, and orris root form a traditional Dry Gin profile subtlety edging towards a modern and contemporary flavour.
- The mid layer uses citrus acid oil extraction from the lemon peel and orris root to give extra depth and bond each of the congener profiles.
- The top profile is about pepperberry, pomegranate, lavender and pink rose petals. This group of botanicals dances around the aroma platform. These are what make our Sunshine & Sons Dry Gin pretty. These flavours and aromas stand out and are memorable to the consumer.
Sunshine & Son Original Dry Gin is gluten free.
Botanicals: juniper berries, organic coriander seed, cinnamon, cassia sticks, Tasmanian pepperberry, pomegranate seed powder, organic pink rose petals, rganic lemon peel, lavender flowers, organic oris root.
- Nose: lean, lifted, fresh and pretty. Aromas of juniper, scented rose petals and lavender, with soft touches of pomegranate and lemon peel
- Palate: Soft, very textured, silky, soft and almost jelly like structure, powerful intense juniper with floating fusions of lavender and rose petal. Mid and end palate are also alive and very dynamic from the pomegranate notes and pepperberry edges.
- Gin and tonic (no garnish needed)
About CAVU Distilling Pty Ltd: CAVU Distilling is located in lush Sunshine Coast hinterland rainforest, just a short idyllic walk from Queensland’s iconic and much loved Big Pineapple.
Maria and Sarah, their gleaming 6,000 and 2,500 litre Tasmanian artisan pot stills — hand-made from the finest German copper — have been meticulously designed to create stunning and complex flavour profiles.
Every decision and step during the production of CAVU’s spirits is overseen by Head Distiller, Adam Chapman, aided by his 30 years of wine making and Adam’s uncompromising philosophy to give consumers an incredible product that stimulates and delights the taste, tactile, aromatic and visual senses.
The Sunshine Coast’s sub-tropical rain fall is perfect. Purified and filtered rainwater harvested from the roof above the distillery is used throughout - as pure as possible, to do justice to the distiller’s vision and passion while retaining flavour, texture, softness and above all else a perfect balance with the final Spirit.
The purity of the water and each of the technically exact specifications and proprietary innovations allow Adam to do justice to the incredible ingredients and local bounty that make CAVU Distillery’s spirits truly exceptional.
As well as being passionate about producing beautiful Spirits, CAVU focuses on preserving the beautiful environment in which they feel they have the privilege to live and work in. Absolutely no harm to our people and our planet.
Important notice regarding sale of alcohol: This Product is offered and supplied by The Gin Boutique Pty Ltd, [Liquor Licence No. 14005692]. Please note, this product cannot be delivered to Dry Zones.
The Gin Boutique Pty Ltd supports the Responsible Service of Alcohol. Under the Liquor Act 2010, a person must not sell or supply liquor to a person under 18 years old on premises where the sale or supply of liquor is authorised or in a public place. Maximum Penalty $5500.
We use express shipping from reputable shipping providers; these include TNT,
Australia Post and Star Track. Customers receive an email advising them once their item has departed the warehouse; this email will include a link to track the parcel in transit. For more information check out our FAQs.