Country of origin: England Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 57% Bottle size: 700 ml
One glimpse of the sleek, black bottle indicates that this is something very special.
Slingsby Navy Strength Gin uses the same botanical mix as their classic London Dry Gin including Primrose, sweet cicely, nettle, rhubarb, milk thistle, rosehip and Taylors of Harrogate green and jasmine tea, however is stronger and richer with an ABV of 57%.
This creates a great body and intensity whilst still retaining our classically smooth finish.
This gin continues the tradition of the Royal Navy’s ‘proof test’, whereby gunpowder can still ignite if gin is accidentally spilled upon it.
- Once the citrus has mellowed, the softer and more earthier botanicals become a lot more dominant, adding a savoury note which balances out the palate
- Jasmine and Green Tea take on a more dominant presence at this ABV
- Has a mellowed Juniper and subtle vanilla profile, whilst the liquorish root provides a subtle and sweet finish
- G&T: Serve on ice with premium tonic water and garnish with wedge of pink grapefruit
- Cocktail: try in a Grapefruit Gimlet
- Double Gold @ China Wine & Spirits Awards (CWSA), 2020
- Gold @ World Gin Awards, 2017
About Spirit of Harrogate: This story begins in the North Yorkshire spa town of Harrogate where William Slingsby discovered the unique properties of the natural spring water from Harrogate’s Tewit Well in 1571. His discovery brought visitors from around the world to the picturesque spa town. To this day, people from across the globe still visit Harrogate to restore body, mind and soul by relaxing, indulging and socialising. If it had not been for Slingsby's discovery, Harrogate would not be what it is today.
Inspired by this story, founders Marcus Black and Mike Carthy embarked on an adventure. They wanted to create a product that would celebrate this heritage and bring to life the essence and restorative nature of Harrogate. In 2014, the Spirit of Harrogate was born.
Their first product, Slingsby London Dry Gin was created in August 2015. 18 different variants of the gin were passionately developed and went through 15 months of development until Marcus and Mike were truly happy with the final product. They now offer a range of award-winning products to people around the globe and have their own flagship store and experience in Harrogate.
We use express shipping from reputable shipping providers; these include TNT,
Australia Post and Star Track. Customers receive an email advising them once their item has departed the warehouse; this email will include a link to track the parcel in transit. For more information check out our FAQs.