Country of origin: Australia Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 48% Bottle size: 500 ml
A savoury style Australian gin with a higher proof and bolder flavours that delight and challenge the palate in many classic cocktails. Sunrise lime and rainforest lychee compliment the savoury notes of coastal rosemary and saltbush. A light mountain pepper finish combines to create a memorable gin.
Gin Score: This is an extraordinary gin, which we scored as 96 points out of 100.
- Nose: A complex and compelling nose with green pine alongside sweet citrus and hints of earth.
- Palate: An amazingly rounded and silky mouthfeel drags you into a deep & complex gin. Citrus up front balanced by rounded herbal notes, and descending to a long, sweet, juniper finish with warm pepper.
- Overall: This gin belies its ABV. There is no smoother 48% gin or higher that we have ever comes across here at The Gin Boutique. It drinks as a smooth lower ABV gin, but carries with it all the advantages of its higher abv … mouthfeel, oils, and a silkiness that should (typically speaking) be let down by some punchier flavours or botanical imbalance. Not the case at all with this extraordinary gin.
- Double Gold @ 2022 San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Gold @ 2022 Australian Distilled Spirits Awards
- Gold @ 2022 Australian Gin Awards
About Gindu (Gin Down Under).: A well awarded gin distillery born out of lockdowns and a disrupted travel industry, Gindu has won major awards both in Australia and overseas.
With over 50 years in the travel industry, it’s fair to say the Gindu team love to travel. Their passion was borne out of experience … travelling across Australia, meeting great people and experiencing the best of what the locals had to offer.
It was during the extended lockdown period in 2020 where the team came together (virtually) and with time on their side, followed their dreams and combined two passions: ‘travel’ and ‘gin’.
Gindu’s vision focusses on showcasing the stunning natural landscapes for which Australia is rightly famous, placing a spotlight on uniquely Australian botanicals.
Their approach is simple but effective: take some evocative landscapes, some unique botanicals, distill this down, and Gindu is the result.
Important notice regarding sale of alcohol: This Product is offered and supplied by The Gin Boutique Pty Ltd, [Liquor Licence No. 14005692]. Please note, this product cannot be delivered to Dry Zones.
The Gin Boutique Pty Ltd supports the Responsible Service of Alcohol. Under the Liquor Act 2010, a person must not sell or supply liquor to a person under 18 years old on premises where the sale or supply of liquor is authorised or in a public place. Maximum Penalty $5500.
We use express shipping from reputable shipping providers; these include TNT,
Australia Post and Star Track. Customers receive an email advising them once their item has departed the warehouse; this email will include a link to track the parcel in transit. For more information check out our FAQs.